The Warehouse/Inventory Manager is responsible for managing the warehouses team and overseeing the accurate recording, tracking, and transferring of inventory, both physically and through the computer system.
He or she provides direction and support to the team responsible for shipping, receiving, and staging equipment for installations. Overseeing of product procurement in multiple sites within Iraq is also a core responsibility.
This position works independently, cross-functionally, and within a team environment. Failure to effectively manage the company’s product inventory could impact the company’s revenues and customer service relationship with external clients. This is a somewhat complex position requiring knowledge of the company’s telecom equipment and service needs. Position performs multiple tasks within an ever-evolving environment. Extensive internal contact with all levels of employees and external contact with co technical teams is of utmost importance.
Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Manage a team of warehouse & inventory clerks, ensuring compliance with all warehouse processes and procedures. Ensure accurate and timely recording of all inventory transactions.
- Responsible for managing inventory management database, including the receipt, recording, and delivery of all purchased materials
- Work closely with purchasing department.
- Ensure all warehousing and inventory control objectives are met, including inventory turn ratios, on-hand accuracy, lowering inventory valuation, and management of obsolete inventory.
- Manage and serves as a company liaison with freight companies and carriers.
- Serve as a liaison with other departments, often working cross-functionally in between the project site and warehouses around Iraq.
- Supervise warehouse staff and work load by prioritizing and delegating work assignments and monitoring productivity and work quality.
- Training of warehouse and inventory staff.
- Utilize system reports to support optimum stock level.
- Provide inventory information to Project Manager.
- Assure cycle counts are completed timely and accurately and conduct monthly physical inventories. This will include traveling to our warehouse locations in order to supervise the physical counts during the year.
- Creates new part numbers when new products are offered.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- University degree with 2-3 years of previous telecommunications, inventory control, materials, warehouse, and/or field distribution experience with a specialization in inventory controls and systems or equivalent in education, training, and/or experience. Experience and/or training which demonstrates skill in providing work direction and establishing priorities of multiple team members.
- Ability to work independently, troubleshoot and perform corrective procedures, and meet inflexible commitment deadlines.
- Proficiency performing 10-key data entry and using a personal computer including, spreadsheet, word-processing, and database software skills
- Experience that demonstrates strong attention to detail and ability managing multiple priorities.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills in English & Arabic.