Human Resources Manager
The Human Resources Manager Position requires the selected individual to develop human resources’ policies and direct and coordinates human resources activities. This includes such key elements as employment, compensation, labor relations, benefits, training, and employee services.
- Analyze wage and salary reports and data to determine competitive compensation plan.
- Write directives, advising department managers of company policy regarding equal employment opportunities, compensation, and employee benefits.
- Consult legal counsel to ensure that policies comply with federal and state law.
- Develop and maintain a human resources system that meets top management information needs.
- Oversee the analysis, maintenance, and communication of records required by law, local governing bodies, or other departments in the organization. •Identify legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions and ensures policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance.
- Study legislation, arbitration decisions, and collective bargaining contracts to assess industry trends.
- Write and deliver presentations to corporate officers or government officials regarding human resources policies and practices.
- Recruit, interview, test, and select employees to fill vacant positions.
- Plan and conduct new employee orientation to foster positive attitude toward company goals.
- Keep records of benefits plan participation such as insurance and pension plans, personnel transactions, such as hires, promotions, transfers, performance reviews, and terminations, and employee statistics for government reporting.
- Coordinate management training in interviewing, hiring, terminations, promotions, performance review, safety, and sexual harassment.
- Advise management in appropriate resolution of employee relations issues.
- Respond to inquiries regarding policies, procedures, and programs.
- Administer performance review program to ensure effectiveness, compliance, and equity within organization.
- Administer salary administration program to ensure compliance and equity within organization.
- Administer benefits programs such as life, health, and dental insurance, pension plans, vacation, sick leave, leave of absence, and employee assistance.
- Investigate accidents and prepares reports for insurance carrier.
- Coordinate Safety Committee meetings and acts as Safety Director.
- Conduct wage surveys within labor market to determine competitive wage rate.
- Prepare budget of human resources operations.
- Prepare employee separation notices and related documentation, and conducts exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations.
- Prepare reports and recommend procedures to reduce absenteeism and turnover.
- Represents organization at personnel-related hearings and investigations.
- Contract outside suppliers to provide employee services, such as temporary employees, search firms, or relocation services.
- Bachelor’s degree or more 2-3years related experience
- HR certificates, courses, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.